Um dem Schmerz der Zurückweisung zu entgehen, lernt das Aurum-Kind, stets sein Bestes zu geben.
Usually prefers religious and symphonic music
[Luc de Schepper]
As with the Nat-c. child, the Aurum child loves to listen to classical music. Fast rock-and-roll music (the Tarentula child), organ music, not music played by a single instrument.
This classical music resonates with the seriousness of this child, often withdrawn on his own, and it brings a calming effect, putting him to sleep
[Dr. Sunirmal Sarkar]
Schlechter Atem bei Mädchen in der Pubertät
[Dr Elizabeth Wright Hubbard/Presented by Sylvain Cazalet]
Boys with undescended testicles often respond to Aurum if the background suggests it.
Depressive disorders of children (when they are suffering from a major illness like malignancy, renal failure, or congenital heart disease)
and have realized that the outcome of their disease is hopeless (Psor).
Lifelessness and miserable feeling with no initiative to do anything; poor concentration chiefly arises from grief due to loss of friendship or loss of
parents, with sudden responsibility to take care of younger brothers and sister, or when the integrity of the child is doubted.
Afraid to sit in Ferris wheel or the rides where one has to look down from a high place.
Children who are extremely sensitive to pain (Cham. Hep. Lyc).
Children whose mother suffered from a disappointment in love during pregnancy (Ign. Nat-m. Ph-ac).
Dutiful children (Calc. Kali-c. Nat-s).
Egotistic children (Calc. Lach. Lyc. Med. Nux-v); very proud; high self-esteem (sensitive to any criticism);
any contradiction flares them up, producing anger and rage.
Frightfully sensitive about any disappointment (Nat-m, Staph); will grieve over disappointments for days.
Great concern about family (Caust. Cocc. Rhus-t) (parents) does his best to feel worthy.
Kids are crazy about music, and infants remain calm when music is played; young children love to do their homework or project with music; loves to
own a portable radio or audio player so they can listen to music when travelling; before going to sleep, the child insists that the mother play music
and sing songs (Bufo. Croc-s. Lac-leo. Nat-m. Tarent. Tub).
Lively extroverted children, resembling Phos; yet can be reserved and introverted like Ign.
Not at all fussy over specific flavors of food, but requires food to be prepared well; will eat anything that is cooked in the house; will accept
simple meals like bread and milk; does not mind eating stale food.
Organized, meticulous children (Ars. Carc. Nux-v).
Polite to everybody.
Precocious children (Calc. Lach. Med. Merc. Verat).
Serious, yet smile involuntarily when talking.
Sobs in sleep without waking up.
Wants to be the best, with strong desire to make a name for himself in society.
Bones are almost always affected in some way (Calc. Merc. Ph-ac. Puls. Sil) [stunted growth/delay in union of sutures/periosteal inflammation/growing pains/recurrent periostitis/
juvenile rheumatoid arthritis/bony tumors like exostosis/osteoclastoma/sarcoma]. (The following bony deformities characteristic: Syndactyly, polydactyly, cinodacytly, kyphosis,
Bones painfully sensitive to cold (Merc. Mez. Sil).
Dysmorphism: The common dysmorphic syndromes seen are:
- Carpenter syndrome.
- Cri-du-chat syndrome.
- Down syndrome
- Edward syndrome.
- Holt-Oram syndrome.
Congenital heart disease (patent ductus arteriosus and aortic stenosis) and congenital cyanotic heart disease (ventral septal defect with reversal of
shunt, hypoplastic right ventricle, and pulmonary stenosis).
Infiltration and metastasis in the bone marrow (Bar-c. Bar-i. Beryl. Calc-f. Hecla. Merc-k-i. Syph.) and bony cortex, ultimately leading to necrosis.
Pining boys who lack physical strength, vigor, and stamina.
Particular about taste (desires delicacies);
want their food to be prepared in a particular way only [burger should be properly roasted/meat should be cooked to a proper softness/egg should be boiled so that it is neither too soft or too hard (Chin. Ip. Lyc. Tub)]
Development arrested (boys: testes and scrotum affected the most).
Lymphatic and reticuloendothelial systems are affected, either primarily or secondarily, in the form of lymphadenopathy, hepatospleenomegaly, etc.
Recurrent tonsillitis leading to hypertrophy of the tonsils.
Sanguine-appearing, ruddy children, with black hair and black eyes.
At school, children ask rapid and frequent questions to the teacher.
Attraction and fascination for the color red (infants and children below 6 years) prefer red-colored pencils/stationary box/bookcovers/stickers/labels/erasers (Ign./Phos./Tarent).
Avoids visiting crowded places, feels very suffocated and develops anxiety in public places, train stations, fairs, etc.
Children become religious at a very young age, and develop a habit of daily prayers (Ars. Calc. Stram. Sulph).
Feels forsaken and fears being rejected by family members and friends (Nat-m).
Intelligent children with strong curiosity (Verat).
Self-critical (Nux-v. Thuj), develops guilty feelings from slight causes (Brom. Carc. Kali-br. Staph); God-fearing children with very strong morals
Sentimental: often cries while seeing movies depicting family drama and strong sentiments.
Wringing the hands all the time (Kali-p. Phos. Stram).
Hyperactive, restless, and desires to be busy all the time, but cannot do things fast enough, and ends up being clumsy.
Sighing in sleep (Kali-p).
Uncovering the head < majority of the complaints (Bell, Hep, Nux-v).
Migraines < from mental exertion (reading, studying), strong odors; > hot applications or wrapping up the head.
- Exostoses (Calc. Merc).
- MRI: Congenital berry aneurysm (Bar-c. Syph), cerebrovascular accident, hydrocephalus.
- Alopecia areata (Calc. Morg-p. Tub).
- Backward and forward motions of the head (Cham. Cina).
- Bulging anterior fontanels.
- Eczematous eruptions on the scalp.
- Hot head (with cold extremities) and a red face during fever.
Catarrhal inflammation of the eye due to upper respiratory tract infection.
- Hemianopia: vertical (Lyc, Mur-ac) and horizontal (Ars, Lith-c).
- Setting sun sign + (Hell, Zinc).
- Staring, protruding eyes (Guaj).
- Blue sclera (Ars. Plb-met. Stram).
- Congenital corneal opacity.
- Crusty, scaly eruptions at the margins of lids.
- Foster-Kennedy syndrome.
- Hair falling from the eyelashes (Rhus-t, Sel).
- Irregular (Hyos, Merc) or contracted pupils (Op, Thuj).
- Paralysis of cranial nerve VI (Caust, Gels).
- Protrusion of the eyeball (Nat-m).
- Retinoblastoma (Syph).
- Robert’s syndrome.
- Scleritis, episcleritis (Kalm, Thuj).
Chronic otitis media, with yellow purulent offensive discharge.
Impaired hearing due to enlarged and hypertrophied tonsils (Agar. Bar-c. Calc-p).
Pain with redness and swelling behind the ear, > cold applications (Merc, Puls) and in open air (Acon, Puls).
Neurological complaints, such as epilepsy and migraines, due to excessive use of antibiotic and anti-inflammatory eardrops for otitis media.
- Mastoid tender to touch (Cham).
- Perforation of the tympanic membrane (Hydr, Kali-bi, Tub).
- Abscess behind the ear (Merc), with a foul-smelling discharge.
- Moist eruptions behind the ears.
- Reddish discoloration (Agar, Chin).
- X-ray: Destruction of air cells in the mastoid bone (Caps, Hep, Phos, Sil).
Snuffles in nursing infants with noseblock, which makes it difficult for them to breast-feed (Kali-bi, Lyc, Nux-v, Samb).
Coryza > in the open air (All-c, Calc-s).
Epistaxis on blowing the nose (Lach, Phos).
Fluids come out through the nose on attempting to swallow (IX and X cranial nerve palsy) (Carbn-s, Crot-h).
Paroxysmal sneezing in sunshine (Agar, Merc).
- Depressed nasal bridge (Ant-t, Hep) due to Down syndrome, Hurler’s syndrome, and racial traits.
- Red knobby tip of the nose (Calc).
- Agglutination of the nostrils (Bar-c, Merc).
- Constant boring fingers in the nose with fingers (Arum-t, Cina).
- Fetid odor.
- Nasal polyps (Form).
- Postnasal catarrh (morning).
- Yellowish, thick, offensive, purulent coryza, which dries up, forming dry, hard crusts (Kali-bi, Lac-c, Nit-ac).
Inflamed parotid gland leading to orchitis (Puls, Rhus-t).
Acne rosacea, especially after abuse of Vitamin A ointments like Retinol.
- Cold perspiration on the face (Ars, Carb-v).
- Glowing red face (Bell, Cina) especially with headache.
- Shiny, greasy (Thuj), glistening face.
- Bloated face (Ars).
- Cracked lips.
- Cyanosis (Nat-m).
- Parotids +
- Puffy face.
- Submaxillary glands enlarged and tender.
Profuse salivation during sleep (Lyc, Puls, Rhus-t).
- Cracked tongue, coated yellow, with a red tip.
- Dark red gums, which bleed easily; gingivitis.
Burning pain in the throat when swallowing.
- Elongated uvula (Bar-m, Hyos).
- Pulsation of carotids (Bell, Glon).
- Exophthalmic goiter.
- External throat hot during fever.
- Goiter (Iod, Spong).
- Tonsils enlarged and inflamed.
Bulimia with sadness (Ign).
Increased appetite during fever (Phos).
Burning, vehement thirst (Acet-ac, Tarent).
Pain in the stomach, > after eating (Graph, Chel).
Aversions: Fish (Graph, Nat-m, Phos) and meat;
Desires: Coffee/delicacies (Ip, Lyc, Tub)/dry and stale bread/farinaceous, indigestible things/milk/pastry/spices/sweets;
Jaundice after anger (Cham, Nux-v).
Nocturnal flatulent colic in infants.
- Hard, enlarged liver (congestive heart failure) (Dig, Mag-m).
- Enlargement of inguinal glands (Merc).
- Indian childhood cirrhosis (Nat-s, Hydr).
- Painful strangulated inguinal hernia in children (Nux-v, Verat), especially on the right side.
- Ultrasound image shows enlarged mesenteric glands (Bar-c).
Nightly diarrhea (Chin).
- Perspiration about the anus and perineum.
- Prolapsed rectum (Ruta).
Frothy, strong-smelling, milky urine.
Hepatorenal failure as a terminal complication of cirrhosis of liver (Ars, Op, Zinc).
Involuntary urination after stool.
- Red sand deposited on the diaper.
- Urine: Albumin ++ (due to CCF).
- Cryptorchism (Iod, Sil), testes are either in the abdomen or in the prepubic region (Thyr).
- Chronic orchitis.
- Hydrocele (Abrot).
- Perspiration on the scrotum (Sulph, Thuj).
- Retracted testes (Plb, Zinc).
Delayed first menses in girls (Puls).
Asthma in rainy season (Chin, Dulc, Nat-s).
Asthmatic respiration due to left ventricular failure (Ant-ar) or due to rheumatic heart disease (right ventricular failure) (Stry-ar).
Dysponea makes lying down impossible; < in cold open air (Nux-v, Psor); > bringing out some expectoration/sitting bent forwards (Ars, Kali-c).
Cough is so violent that it shakes the chest (Lact, Phos).
Dry, spasmodic cough periodically every night, starting from evening to morning, with difficult respiration.
Congenital cyanotic heart (Dig) disease and congenital aortic stenosis (Syph).
Rheumatic heart disease (Kalm), associated with difficulty in breathing.
Useful in cases of neglected pneumonia (Lyc).
- ECG: Atrial fibrillation, extra systoles.
- Left ventricular hypertrophy with strain (Ars-i).
- Pericarditis and pericardial effusion.
- Rheumatic endocarditis.
- Right ventricular hypertrophy with strain (Naja).
- Subacute bacterial endocarditis.
- Valvular heart disease, such as congenital aortic stenosis (very common) or aortic incompetence due to rheumatic fever.
- X-ray: Pneumonia, prominent aortic knuckle.
Stiffness and tension in the cervical region.
- X-ray: Curvature of the spine (Merc-c, Sulph); kyphosis (Calc-f).
- Cold abscess in the back (Sil).
Growing pains at night (Conch, Ferr-act, Guaj).
Periostitis (Syph), especially involving the bones of the lower limb.
Wandering rheumatic pains in the joints, especially at night, driving him out of bed (Cham, Merc, Verat), > motion.
Acute rheumatism alternating with heart complaints (Kalm).
Hip joint disease.
- Cyanosis with bluish fingernails.
- Icy-cold hands and feet (Carb-v, Elaps, Sil) at night in bed, during chill.
- Arthritic nodosities.
- Bony tumors of the tibia (Calc-f).
- Chapped hands.
- Excoriation between the thighs caused by wearing diapers (Bar-c).
Falling asleep while reading (Nat-m).
Impossible to sleep on the right side (Borx, Acet-ac).
Sleepless from bony pains in the night (Kalm, Merc, Plb).
Moaning and sobbing in sleep (Cham).
Overpowering sleep after dinner (Carb-v, Kali-bi, Laur).
Sleepiness in children immediately after a feeding (Agar, Nux-v).
Recurrent warts after cauterization with liquid nitrogen (Nit-ac).
- Congenital ichthyosis (Ars-i, Syph).
- Dry cracked skin.
- Gooseflesh (Nux-v).
Convulsions after anger in nursing children (Cham, Cupr, Nux-v).
Atrophy and induration of glands (Calc, Calc-i, Iod).
Dropsy from heart and kidney disease (Colch, Sal-ac, Solid).
Lack of vital heat
Tendency to congenital aneurysm (Bar-c, Carb-v, Thuj).
Child has a strong family history of aortic complaints, cerebrovascular accidents, hypertension, and ischemic heart disease.
Complaints < at night (after 3 - 4 h.).
Delicate, emaciated, puny, sickly infants.
Loss of hair after any acute illnesses. (Carb-v)
Loves to bathe in cold water, which ameliorates (Apis, Calc-s).
Pulse: irregular (Chin, Lach), weak, frequent, and small (Ars, Laur).
Stoop-shouldered children (Calc, Phos, Sulph).
Tendency to form abscesses in bones (Lyc, Merc) and glands (Calc-s, Sil).
Weakness and weariness from reading or studying even for a short while (Pic-ac, Sumb).